It has been built in partnership with Viridor and the EA, and
will now be scaled from three Viridor sites to 50 from July
- Demonstrates work has been scheduled and data collected
correctly in line with permits
- Presents data in tabular and graphical forms
- Presents details of our actions to permit trigger breaches
- Demonstrates the continual maintenance of systems
- Data downloadable by Agency staff
- Enables full audit of our performance from Agency offices
We envisage this method will be the future of regulatory
reporting across many sectors in the years to come.
The system saves a large amount of time, eliminates duplication
of effort and improves the relationships with regulators who can
assess performance in a more open format when they choose.
The system also enables them to make judgements not just on
compliance with permit targets but more generally on the
overarching environmental management process.
Viridor have launched the project 'Open Space'
CIWM Article Dec 2011 (pdf)